One of the biggest fashion trends in jewelry is layering -- and we all love it!
Stacking bracelets and rings or layering necklaces helps to create a bold and unique signature style. Sometimes it’s fun to walk all the dogs at the same time. Combining different link styles, metals, stones, and stone shapes are all ways to change up your look. Thinking about layering? Here are some ideas:
- Combining an older piece with newer styles – a new paperclip chain layered with your ’70s chains makes it all look new
- Stacking diamond rings and bracelets in two different stones shapes – I love one emerald cut and one round diamond band together
- Alternating metal colors – think about rose/white or yellow/rose gold, not just a more traditional two-tone look
- Adding one or two pieces with a unique colored stone to the center of your stack – maybe one emerald piece in the center of all gold
- Combining two different gemstones in the same color palate – a deep blue watch dial with a lapis bead bracelet or a layer of turquoise and boulder opal
Dig into your jewelry box and try some new combinations this summer. It may distract you from the heat!